Sunday, November 7, 2010

guild UFO day yesterday

I forgot until a friend reminded me that it was a UFO day yesterday at our local civic center. I always enjoy spending at least part of may day there. Usually, I pack a lunch, as sitting down to chat with group at lunch time is fun.  I went around 11 AM, as I had a couple of errands to do. Also, I didn't bring my sewing machine since I didn't really have anything ready to work on. What I did get finished  though, was the hand sewing on the binding for this baby quilt. It's a pattern that I made up, although something similar could be out there. I call it the H quilt or the fence rail. I can now call it done and put it away until a baby gift is needed.

I haven't had much that I can show on the blog because I've been working on a lot of Christmas presents. It would be nice to keep them as surprises. I thought I'd be smart and take a couple of pictures of quilts by the ladies at the UFO day. I remembered the camera, took the pictures, but then left without the camera. A friend now has it.
I'm wondering if these scarves are popular elsewhere. I'm on my 3rd one.

The yarn is an acrylic yarn called Ondas by Katia and you can see in this picture how it's constructed. You just pick up 9 loops and start knitting, leaving about an inch between each stitch. That makes the ruffles.

They knit up very quickly and are a little different. I'm doing one for me because although I can where wool socks, I can't where wool around my neck.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Your scarves look good. My yarn is on order. I am waiting for a specific color. Feels good to have a quilt in the wings just waiting until the need arises and then there is no rush to complete it. I should do the same thing, but right now I am concentrating on my UFO's. I need to finish 2 before I can allow myself to start on anything else.