Sunday, July 4, 2010

Long weekend

Both my son and my husband had 4 days off over the weekend, so I haven't done any sewing until today  after my son left. I decided to make a pair of oven mitts since I got some of the insulated fiber from a friend and I've got lots of fabric...should be easy , right? They're just a tad more time consuming than I thought. The Teflon insulation is so thick that when you are putting 2 layers together, it's pretty difficult to turn them right side out. Somehow I even managed to skin a knuckle while doing it, and I broke a wooden thing that you use to turn things with. Anyway, they're almost done; it was an experiment that I  probably won't repeat. Art quilting is more fun!
My son and his girlfriend came with us to the grandparents at the beach for the afternoon and we cooked burgers and veggie burgers for supper. It wasn't the nicest at the beach yesterday, but after supper when the tide turned the sun came out and the water was beautifully calm. Here are a couple of pictures of our paddle in  the kayaks. It was only my second time out this year.

This is a photo of my current knitting project. Some readers might remember that I showed a yellow one--same pattern-- a few months ago. The cotton wrapped yarn was literally falling apart, so the shop replaced it with a different color. It's the same yarn but definitely better. It is knitted form the top down and I'm almost done and just have the sleeves left.

No comments: