Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Breaking Out

I woke up to another sunny day today, and I'm cautiously optimistic that things are improving a little. It's almost like I'm emerging from a cocoon like all the other creatures that have been returning to the landscape. I get moving, tentatively flex the muscles, do a small task, res and then do a little more. It felt so good to be moving. I'm sure that the fact that it was warm and sunny helped.
After doing a little real work for my actual job that I'm off from right now, I hung out a line of clothes, gathered my walking poles, and went for a walk down the NB Trail. At 17.5 minutes I turned around, so that I would not go over 35 minutes. I made it!
I sat down to the sewing machine for the first time in a while to get one of the straps lengthened on this bag made by my friend, Nicole. I like to be able to carry a bag with the handles  across my shoulders so that my hands are free.  I used an old tie for the first strap-- not the easiest material to work with when you're shaky.



Here is a picture of Nicole and I from left to right and then Charlotte, holding each of our journal pages at out last swap.







 Last night my husband went to the final  yoga session until, perhaps July when the teacher might do some at the beach; I hope to be able to return by then. I have been doing some basic moves at home.
Once he came home and ate some dinner we went outside.  I planted this little heather plant by my front walk and it felt like such an accomplishment. It was actually still light at 8:30 last night, but you can see the shadows here in this picture. The sun was getting low.

No comments: