Friday, December 4, 2009

Art Supplies


My art supply order arrived today. I placed an order for some paper and a couple things requested by friends, and I decided to try the new Inktense pencils by Derwent. I had a quick try out on watercolor paper to see what they are like, and you can see the results below. As usual my picture doesn't do it justice. The flash made it too washed out, and without the flash it's a little dark, but seemed to show the color the best. Wow, it really is intense color. They go on like watercolor pencils only they feeel a little creamier. When the water is added they are more intense than watercolor pencils, and according to the directions they are permanent once dry unlike the watercolor pencils. Also, I tried painting over an oil pastel and it still works as a resist as you can see in the top right corner.
These are going to be fun!

No comments: