Sunday, November 1, 2009

Creative Again - A good Day

Today, I felt better, and I actually got quite a bit done even though it felt like a very relaxing day. It started out quite early because of the time change. The story really started last night around 10 pm or so when a rain squall hit and knocked out our power. I was trying to read for as long as I could since I knew I'd have the extra hour this morning. I did read for a little while with my clip- on book light. I believe I woke up around 6:30 which of course was actually 5:30, so I made a cup of tea and read some more. I'll be adding my present reading to my book list. I'm really enjoying the book The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. It is an Oprah book and just as the reviews on the back state, you are drawn immediately into the prose.
I've been waiting for weeks to have a chance to try my silkscreen out. I used a brown Neocolor II crayon and rubbed a relief onto the screen. Then I did several 'pulls' or prints. The first I did with plain acrylic medium onto a blue sun print background. I'm not sure if I really like it-- it reminds me of seaweed--, but I may find a use for it someday.
I did 4 more pulls using the acrylic medium mixed with a gold colored paint. The first couple are not too bad; however, the last 2 (not shown) have some areas that didn't print well. Fortunately they were on the outside edges, so I'll be able to trim them.
My husband and I also took a short walk on the NB trail around lunch time, and I snapped a few pictures for future inspiration. The following is one I took of some Mountain Ash berries.
Don't you love tree moss?

No comments: