Monday, April 2, 2018

Show opening, final swoon block

Three small trips in the last couple of weeks have kept me from posting. My most recent one was to the opening if the SAQA Atlamtic show at the Craig Gallery, Alderney Landing in Dartmouth, , NS.


Here I a, near my Waterfall piece.



A very old friend from high school university days met me for dinner and the opening and my son and his wife also drove up from Halifax. I was as e cited to see them as I was to attend the opening.

 I’ve been sore and tired, catching up, getting outside and I haven’t done a lot of stitching. One nice thing about the longer spring days is I can get out later on the trail.


The evening light is so pretty.
It also means the light is good for a little more evening free motion stitching. While I haven’t felt like any serious stitching, on Saturday night I did a bit of black free motion on a small leftover piece of painted canvas. Just for fun.





I will use it up in some little projects.

I’m working on the 3rd and final swoon block. I’m finally getting the hang of it! Geometric pieces often confuse me.



My plan is to use 3 vertically and add to the sides with a few stars in a border.

I happened to notice on Facebook that I hung out my first line of clothes well over a year ago. How I love a line of fresh dried clothes. You can see why this year is later!




The small items barely clear the snow.
This afternoon I’m off to my knitting group.

No comments: