I didn't really mind the wet day as it meant I could ignore what needs to be done in the garden and head to the sewing room. I'm still working on adding leaves and foliage to my birch tree fiber art piece. Today, I made some confetti leaves in a slightly different manner than my usual method with the Saran Wrap and I think it may be faster and easier.
I sandwiched the bits of fabric leaves in between a layer of Sulky dissolvable and beige tulle. I hooped the first batch, but I was in such a hurry for the second batch that I didn't bother with the hoop.
It looks like this after free motion stitching the layers, netting side up, although I stitched it with the netting side down.
Here it is above with the Sulky rinsed out.
It looks like this once dry.
Perfect to add to a scene wth trees.
Something that I just discovered are the 'snap bags'. There are lots of styles and tutorials on Pinterest. The closure is made with two sections of an aluminum measuring tape slipped inside the top edge.
I thought it would be a fun way to use some of my prints.
It's all quilted but it needs the prairie point handles before I stitch up the pockets for the tape.
While I'd like to finish it, supper needs finishing. Stew with dumplings.
I hope to finish it over the weekend and post the finished bag. It just amazes me the ideas that people come up with!