Thursday, December 18, 2014

Another snow day

Schools are closed again today due to yet another storm. My husband was suppoesed to fly to Montreal for a Canadians game and the flight was cancelled. A few of the guys decided to make the 9 hour + drive but he opted not to. I'm glad he didn't go in such bad weather but I can't help feeling sorry for him. He was so excited.
 This morning, I wrapped my gifts for my Friday lunch friends. The watercolor will go to one of them. I squeezed the photo in as the afternoon was waning and the sky was darkening so it's a bit grey.

After I noticed that the goldfinches were looking for their seed, I ventured outside and cleared the front walk, some of the back deck and their feeders.


 At least the nuthatch could still get at the suet.
 

The view from my studio window is quite stunning. It continues to snow even as I write this.


I spent over an hour working on the rocks, still lots to go. I cut away some of the fabric behind them to see what the outlines would look like. This will be laid atop another grey background with snow and shrubbery added and behind that the trees and eventually the sky. What you see in the background right now is the photocopy enlargement.


There is still lots of work to do on the snow and some rocks in the foreground. I couldn't resist cutting the snow shape and auditioning it in place.


Bear in mind that it won't start to look realistic until I can get the whole thing together and start stitching on it. This could well be the most time intensive piece I've done yet.

Well, I've got to stop and get to dinner. I'm making a vegetable biryani.

3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

it rained here through the night and was very damp all day...gloomy. snowing a little right now though.

Mystic Quilter said...

I do love your snowy pictures!
Your rocks are looking good, looking forward to seeing this when completed.

Mystic Quilter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.