Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter weekend

We're safely back home again after a lovely 2 days with family.We had a feast at my sister's on Saturday night; she always makes a dozen different things and enough for 4 times the amount of people. Most years, we usually don't get over until the summer time, so it was nice to see my Mom with her husband, Charlie and my brother and his wife too.
This is a picture of the bridge built a number of years ago connecting PEI to New Brunswick. When my children were young we had to take a ferry which could have taken 6 to 8 hours from here. Now, with the bridge, it takes about 4 1/2 hours.

Before dinner on Saturday, I did this little watercolor on my lap looking through my sister's living room window. I loved the little house with the bright orange paint. Clearly, I have not been doing enough sketching and I can see that I'll have to stick to a 'sketchy' style as my hands shake too much for detail work. And, yes that is the color of the soil.
I also made it to the one little quilt shop, the Quilting Bee where I purchased 3 batiks that I thought would work nicely in future art quilts.
We visited the local Charlottetown market on Saturday morning where I discovered a fiber artist named  Kelly Burgess. This is a card that I purchased form her. I love her work and would like to take a workshop from her sometime.

No comments: