Saturday, April 4, 2020

Staying positive by being creative

We’re getting into nearly a month of staying home. At first we got out to do some snow shoeing but as it progresses the parks and trails are closing. I’m so glad that we are into spring and can get out into  the yard. I will be staring seeds next week.
At night before bed I do my best to watch less stressful shows while knitting to relax. I started another baby afghan, something to keep fingers busy in a sort of meditative rhythm.




I finished this one. I will eventually have lots to give away!



Because of my the Addison’s, I’m often quite low in the morning. I know this though and spend a quiet breakfast and then do something easy and creative with my tea. About 5 minutes into painting or collage, I brighten up. 
Today, I got out some paint and did some backgrounds for my collages.











I used gouache paints and one of my own designed thermofax screens.

This was the after lunch scene.


 I have stashed a lot of paper scraps and ephemera over the years, stuffing it all in a box, so I got out some files this week and organized them some.



I’ve also been drawn to doing sone paper cutting. It is mindless and addictive.






Another thing I did was to pull most of the pages out of the various books I’d been doing the collages in. Documenting this journey might be a good idea. I will gather them up and eventually do some  kind of bound book.





We are lucky here in Canada for how our government has handled this crisis and particularly lucky for all that we have. I’m thankful for so many things.

FaceTime with family and friends
Zoomer meetings with my quilting group
 My lovely little sunny studio



Some of my little treasures.



Good books




Clothes on the line



Despite the snow, even as it melts, a sunny spot to sit on the deck 



New knitting projects thanks to a yarn stash and internet downloads



Really we have much to be thankful for in the 1st world.  And especially, the birth of our second grandson this week, baby Gus, brother to Ollie. He’s 4 days old.



I saved the best for last, did I not?








I’ve shed a few tears that we can’t be there to hold and snuggle him and help with Ollie. My daughter had a section, thankful they’re all well though and that her partner is home.

Take the time to breathe, find something you live to do or try something new. Get fresh air, good food and exercise. Self isolate, Stay well.

No comments: