Friday, April 17, 2020

Another week at home

Im wondering how everyone is doing. Are you sleeping, keeping busy, holding onto hope? I’m feeling tired this week because I’m not sleeping well but I continue to keep busy walking, making meals, creating with paper, knitting and quilting. I’m finding a lot of creative escape with the paper collage. I’m in the habit of working on one or two a day after breakfast or lunch. The scraps of paper are taking over and the more I do the more seems to appear, lol. It ends up spread all over our table and I try to do a little clean up before meals and sort colors, etc. Gord says it doesn’t bother him at all. He’d push it aside to eat if he had to, lol. 



When it dries I’ll add the date and maybe some line work.

For my night time knitting (I’m up late), I finished the baby afghan and love the colors and lacy texture.



Now, I’ve started a size 4 merino wool socks for Ollie. I’ll have enough to do a smaller pair for Gussie.





My husband sent my packages of masks and baby gifts out with Purolator. The Baby quilt I sent to my daughter  is pictured here with  Gussie.

In the afternoons when I need to put my feet up, I’ve been watching something called The Last Homely House on You Tube. Kate is in the UK living on a small sort of hobby farm. She does a bit of everything including knitting, spinning, cooking, pottery, quilting, basket making, gardening, book making, and more. Her videos go back about 2 years and I find them so comforting and interesting to listen to and watch. 

While I’m watching I’m slowly knitting on the bunny. I have to focus and check it off row by row. I’m ready now to stitch up the bunny tail and cast on for the front.



This week I finished  the majestic mountains quilt top and now need borders. 



I sent a pic to the local shop and she sent me a few pics of what she had in batiks.  I settled on these two and they’re now in the mail.





As many people are right now, I’m finding it very hard to focus and couldn’t seem to get into my fiber art. A zoom call with my Atlantic region SAQA group this week gave me some ideas and inspiration to get going on some Gelli prints that I’ve had up on my wall.
This is the first group laid out in somewhat  of a placement I like. I’m going to iron them down when finalized and then start to quilt.




The second one has more pieces and is a bit larger. I also have a few more pieces to add - some mono printed organza for one. Again I’m going to iron it down, not piece it and start quilting and embellishing. We’ll see where it goes.



Are you trying lots of new and creative recipes? I’m tired today and decided to throw together a simple casserole after my lunch. It’s something I used to make for my kids. Now, I generally make my sauces from scratch rather than use a canned soup but in these times it’s nice to have something easy once in a while.



Something hopeful I’ve been doing are the seeds I’ve been starting. 
When it warms up on the deck my husband can put up the small portable hot house we bought a couple years ago.



As I’ve written before, I keep the news minimal, usually twice a day and try to keep busy. I’m continually thankful though for the country I live in (Canada) and how things have been handled. I’m very sorry for all the loss of life around the world and I’m very aware and thankful for how lucky we are to have a small home and a yard.
 That we’ll soon be able to get into to garden. Many do not and are far worse off. 

Hugs to all (if we could) 💕

No comments: