Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Thread painting rocks and water

It’s a beautiful fall day today, the calm before the rain and bit of snow we may get tonight. Rather than the gym, I opted for some yard work, trimming and tying up some shrubs and cleaning a few areas  near pathways making it easier for snow clearing in winter. I picked the last few bits of veggies too, including these little Brussels sprouts.





On the weekend, I went to my guild quilting retreat something I’ve been unable to do for a few years around the time of my hip replacement and recover.
As always, it was like a beehive with lots of chatter, many laughs, many projects completed and too much food!

These are the blocks I’m making for my grand son’s I Spy Quilt.



I’m auditioning it also with a black sashing.



I’m leaning towards no sashing.
I also did a couple blocks from the gnome quilt pattern which won’t be for this Christmas but it’s fun to see how it will look.





I think the next two quilts made by the visiting daughter and a friend of a member were among my favourites.





The blocks for this woodland animal quilt were awesome! I think she said the owl had 56 pieces!




The trip around the world blocks Quilt is one of my favourites and I love the mix of soft low volume fabrics in this one made by Wendy Oeullette.



We each mad some of these bags from precut kits (thanks to a couple of members) and then filled them with toiletries for Passage House, a women’s shelter.





I had yesterday to finish unpacking, do wash, and go to the gym so today I was anxious to get some stitching time. I’m almost done, just a few details needed!



I will also quilt the border and add a binding.







3 comments:

PaintedThread said...

So many pretty quilts and blocks!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So much to see in this wonderful post. I love the thread painting..so creative. I'm happy you are getting out and about and I too use garden work to replace time on my treadmill. Happy Stitching!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

If you want my two cents worth, I agree with the no sashing for the Spy quilt. Looks like a lovely time was had at the retreat - fun quilts on display.