Friday, November 17, 2017

Life happens

We roll along in life when things are good, not always appreciating it, although I definitely feel I try, and then sometimes life gives us a swift kick. That has been our week. I got sick with weird symptoms - sore back, neck and headache that awakened me in the night which was ccompanied by a high fever and feeling of unwell. After the 5th day, I saw the doctor who sent me to hospital right away for tests and ct scan. Even though nothing showed up, I still had a fever; it was coming down though. The doctor could only conclude that I picked up some weird virus that I may have been more susceptible to with my lowered immune system. Whew! It was scary.

I’ve been forced to slow down. Heck, I laid out flat for a couple days! This quilt has been sitting in a closet for a couple years unbound. I got the binding on before I got sick, luckily, so I could start hand stitching it down. Sorry for the slightly blurry photo. It’s too dark now to retake.



When I felt better, I finished the quilting on a Gelli print and then put together the pyramid pouch yesterday.



I always wanted one made with my own artwork.



It makes me smile. I often make for everyone else which is fun; but sometimes we need a little gift to ourselves.



I wasn’t even up for my yoga or lunch with friends today. I did have to go out for a couple things. It was pretty messy.



My husband’s flight to Labrador did make it out and safely there, thank goodness. He sent a puck with snow and said he’d arrived at the North Pole as there was no snow here when he left. I sent this one back.  And it’s his 60th birthday. I gave him a lazyboy before he left. We’ll do something later.  Another close family member is also suddenly facing some challenges. Again, what a week.

I’ve been cutting scrappy strips for a baby quilt, definitely a happy thing.



It’s from the Missouri Star Quilt co. And that sketch is the whole quilt  not just a block.



I’m cutting lots of 2 1/2” strips for the center that is made from 4, 16 patch blocks. I want it scrappy. This will leave strips for another quilt, not such a bad thing.



Of course there’s been some knitting going on too.

An over the shoulders cowl made with 2 fine yarns held together.



It looks larger and brighter than in real life. The basket is very small. The color is more of a very soft heather.

And here is the book that I read. I’ve put off reading it for a while, not sure if I’d like it but I did. A good read.



I picked up a salad and some cooked, frozen shrimp, an easy supper. Think I’ll find a movie and stitch on that binding.
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Janice Smith said...

Glad you are feeling better.
Your pyramid pouches are truly lovely.

Robbie said...

Happy you are on the mend!!! Really like your pyramid bag! Looks like a mug fits in it! Yea! Nice

PaintedThread said...

Weird viruses are seriously no fun. Keep feeling better!

Your pyramid pouch is really cool.