Wednesday, October 18, 2017

(Backup) Finally home and stitching

I’ve been off here for a bit haven’t I? We were away for Thanksgiving to our son’s in Lunenburg, NS. We did a bit of hiking on a trail  near Mahone Bay.


The colors were a couple of weeks behind ours up here in northern NB.
My youngest son and fiancé came for the weekend as well. She had never been to the area and wanted to see the scarecrow festival in Mahone Bay. I was so excited to grab time in the yarn shop that I didn’t even think of pictures. We had lunch in a cafe called Oh My Cod where I managed one photo under protest.


It was truly the best seafood chowder ever!


Then we took a drive out to Blue Rocks a famous and very picturesque spot near Lunenburg. Tom Selleck filmed part of his Detective movies there.





I was home for a turn around day and then was off to the Fiber Fest in Amherst NS where I took a garden fairie sculpture workshop from Ann Dunlap. It was a very busy day. We started with this:



Next:


And finally this.


I still have some refining, finishing and embellishing to do here at home. Maybe some beads, fabric, leaves, pointy shoes?

I’ve been out hiking again on the Miq’maq trail again, this time with hubby.





And sketching.





Can you blame me for not having time to stitch or write?




Finally, today after my trip back to Moncton to a doctor yesterday, I’ve been stitching, working on the central section of rocks and foliage.


2 comments:

PaintedThread said...

That chowder looks delicious! Neat figurine. Outdoors looks beautiful!

Janice Smith said...

Very cool garden fairy! It appears that you have been filling your days with fun and interesting adventures. Good for you!