Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Livening up reject Prints

I had only a short time to spend in the studio today, so I turned to playing with a small screen printed fabric that I felt was pretty ugly.

The blue/pink/purple was not intense enough and the white flowers were hard to see. I decided I'll use it for one of the baguette zippered pouches that have the vinyl window in the front.

I got out my Neocolor II crayons and added some of the blue and pink around the flowers for more definition.

It makes a difference. Once I add a bit of free motion stitching, it'll be fine. It's fun to experiment with these little bits and satisfying to make a much appreciated small gift with them.
Never give up on a piece. Scribble on it, cut it up, stitch over it, add some fused leaves or flowers, have fun.
 
 

 

3 comments:

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

So interesting to see the difference with your before and after shots! And I wanted to tell you that I really like your new blog look! It is much more representative of you and your work. Nice colour palette, too!

Jo Ferguson said...

I didn`t think the original was bad but I definitely love what you did to it. I can't wait to see what you do with the stitching.

Sandi said...

I like both the before and the after, too bad you couldn't keep both!

I'll have to see if I can find a a picture of that baguette holder pouch you speak of.