Monday, February 28, 2011

through my window i'm watching the snow again

If I was good at  waxing poetic, which I'm not, I'd be too fed up to do it, and this coming from a one time downhill skier. Enough already. Sue, if you're reading this, we're in sync!
I went early to the hospital for the Holter monitor this morning, met some quilting friends for tea, and then picked up prescriptions and groceries before the storm.
After a quick egg salad sandwich for lunch (this is comfort food for me), I headed into my sewing studio. This quilt was laying over the ironing board along with the final borders. I put those on and ironed it for a quick picture. My design wall is not big enough to completely stretch it out, but you can see most of it. I'm not sure the gold color is wonderful in the borders, but the other colors were too difficult to match. It is a fairly quiet quilt.  I will put it away until I can send it out for quilting. It is a little too big for me to tackle on my regular machine, I think.
 I sewed a few more cobblestone blocks and then cut a few more for the next time. I like to leave a few pieces on my sewing machine in case the mood hits when I have only a smidgen of time.

I'm anxious to get back to my little applique birds, but I have to make myself take a break now. I will go sit and pick up my knitting for a while before dinner time.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think the border is the perfect value and colorwise it pulls out the warm tones instead of letting the purple jump up and take over the show.