Sunday, February 27, 2011

it's been a few days, I know

On Valentine's Day Gord took the day off and we planned to go snowshoeing and then lunch. That was when I was just getting sick and we also got a big snowstorm, so we spent the day at home--me curled up sick on the sofa, my husband clearing snow. Yesterday, we had plans to drive the 2 1/2 hours to Moncton for a little shopping and to meet my son and his partner. Illness (this time my son) and the weather conspired again and we canceled. We'll rebook for sometime in a few weeks. So, we spent yesterday as we would have spent Valentine's Day. We went for lunch, did a few errands and spent some time together. It was a lovely day.
Today was my first day out snowshoeing since I had pneumonia. It was beautiful. I did not hand feed the birds as it was very cold, but I did stop to take a few pictures of winter branches. I'm collecting models to use on my bird applique that I'm working on.
 We often see lots of animal tracks--deer, fox and rabbit. These are rabbit tracks. It quite amazed me that at one point there  was about 8 to 10 feet in between the hops.

I just purchased this little 'monster' friend from my friend Nicole who uses all recycled fabrics in her work. I've named her Clarissa. Nicole visited me last week with 2 baskets full of these funny creatures. I  couldn't resist! Aren't they amazing!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

If you are taking votes I like the third pic of branches the best. Lovely shot Holly. Hats off to Nicole for her lovely work!