This week is almost gone and I'm only vaguely aware of what happened to it. I had to have a stay at home and rest up day after the weekend, and for the rest of the week, I've had 2 appointments and then tried to get in some of my exercise in between the rain. A couple of nights ago, I combined my exercise some creative experimenting when I went for a walk on our trail and gathered 3 different kinds of lichens and mosses. I had just picked up a requested library book on the subject. Well, actually the book is about dying with them and does not give good pictures or names of the various kinds. So, I gathered the following 3 - 1 is a moss and 2 are lichens, I think. Next on my list will be to buy a good book for identifying. them.
The colors and texture on this one are fascinating. Yesterday I used this one to die 3 pieces of fabric. In the picture you can see the dyed muslin next to what it looked like beforehand. Not that exciting, but it's fun to experiment.
Today I've got some soaking in the green moss. I was hoping for something sort of greenish, but I'm not sure it will be.
A few weeks ago I wrote about a challenge project and showed some fabrics, but I didn't show the completed piece because I needed to wait until they were revealed at the meeting. Also, I gave it to a friend for her birthday. I thought you might like to see it. It's a sewing machine cover.