Saturday, February 27, 2010

Packing for Ski Trip

Today we are in the midst of a winter storm ( how ironic) and I am packing for our week of skiing in Quebec. I hope it will be decent enough to travel tomorrow. It is about a 6-7 hour drive. Packing involves not only all the usual attire for day and night, but also ski attire. On top of that we take all our meals, most of which are resting in a cooler inside my freezer. I still have to do some fruit and veggies though, and finish washing clothes.
I will thus be away from my blog for at least a week.
I thought I would show my hand quilting again though, as I would appreciate any input. The center medallion which has the Mariner's compass is almost finished, and I'm thinking about the four corner sections with the white print on the outside of that. My plan is to use a fine navy blue pearl cotton and a straight stitch. I'm thinking of a lighthouse in each corner with meandering stars all around. Another option might be a seahorse, but then what to fill in with? What do you think? I may possibly take it with me, but I know in the past that the car is usually ridiculously full, so maybe not.

No comments: