Thursday, May 6, 2021

Some knitting and more baby quilts

My fiber art pieces lay waiting for me. Sometimes for a week or two I feel a slight apathy with no creative energy. I’m up and down. Do you feel it too? I suspect part of it has to do with my physical health and another part to do with the times as I do feel some stress with everything occasionally. It all just gets to you I think. When  I’m having lows I do more traditional no brainer quilting like the 9 patch baby quilt that I just finished.




Then, I had a bag of these semi circle off cuts left over from the drunkard’s path that I made. I chose a two color border for each piece which will be sewn into circles. Nothing too taxing.





When finished, I’ll have 1 girl quilt and 2 boys quilt tops. Next then, I’ll be thinking of a girl’s quilt top. I have lots of nieces and nephews in my family and there’ll still be more babies to come I’m sure.

It’s actually snowing at the moment; it has been all day and we’ve got a couple of inches which I know will melt but still!

My current knitting projects are still a pair of socks for my husband and a pretty summery lap robe which I’ll send to my mum who spends her days in a wheelchair.





It’s made with a cotton blend, Caron’s cotton cakes and I love the feel of it. 



Tomorrow, a salesman is bringing me 2 mobility scooters to try out and I’m rather excited to see how they feel with my hip.

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sometimes doing something sort of mindless is just what you need. The lap rug for your Mom is lovely and I'm sure she will be delighted with it. Good luck with the scooter!