Sunday, May 16, 2021

Binding the cow and starting a rock cliff

After lunch, my husband and I went for a little drive a d a shirt amble at the beach about 10 minutes from here. He’s now gone to the golf course and I’m sitting on the deck with some hand stitching.
The binding on my cow is almost done.



These are my hand stitching tools - a finger cott and thimble for pulling and pushing  the needle. The finger cott grips the needle nad makes it slide like butter.
Scissors made for arthritic fingers and a thread holder.



All the while I’ve e been thinking and working on a new piece.

It’s basically a huge rock wall with foliage and flowers growing out of the cracks. I thought at first that I’d use fabric and paint but it wasn’t inspiring me until I thought of cutting up the pieces and laying them on top of the base piece with the darker fabric of the cracks underneath.
And it’s working!
Notice the gridded masking tape? It’s working to discourage the robin from attacking its image.



I’m happy with this now I just need to keep building.


And making more thread lace foliage.


Leaves hooped with solvable sulky and free motion stitched.


The soluble sulky is rinsed out.



Supper will be easy with homemade chicken noodle soup and  some leftover pizza, so I can enjoy my deck with my stitching. 





Happy Sunday! 💜

1 comment:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You have such a pretty spot to stitch - much better view than we have from our balcony that has a solid metal wall. We overlook the river but can't see it through the metal. We live in hope that one day they will replace it with something clear.