Thursday, December 3, 2020

Thread lace for flowers, an embroidered piece, the bathroom Reno

A few sleepless nights and early mornings for the contractor has laid me a bit low today. I was unable to accomplish more than a few small things. I finished a mask, cleaned up all my embroidery fibers that I’ve been using on this piece which I may call In a Silver Light. I had a basketfull of Perle cottons and various fibers to sort and put away. It was actually satisfying and quite relaxing, being able to sit in my rocker as I sorted.




Unfortunately, the sun is sinking and the picture of the embroidered piece is not the best. Once I get it backed and bound, I’ll show a better one. I couldn’t get a pic of the whole thing. It’s actually all one piece.





I also rinsed out the white thread lace I was doing yesterday to be used for the foreground white flowers (Pearly Everlasting).





After I stitch them on, I’ll be ready to add batting and do a few quilt lines before binding it. It’s about time, lol.

The flooring is in the bathroom. All the major and messy things are done. 



The new light and mirror are up as well as all the grab bars and towel racks.





It’s mostly a bit of caulking and clean up, left to do. We kept our cabinet as it is more solid than most new ones and we left the original tile behind the sink and toilet which doesn’t look bad and will do for a while. I plan to change the hardware. The shower needs the tap shower head but  I have to wait for the longer curtain to arrive before using it anyway.
I’m very pleased with the wall color and how it all looks. It seems bigger and brighter and will be so much easier to use.



No comments: