Wednesday, December 30, 2020

My ski walker, drunkard’s path, a new pattern

I am currently sitting in my dining room by the sliding door looking through photos on memory sticks for some fiber art ideas.




I put potatoes to bake in the little countertop oven. My husband lost a large filling and needs some soft foods. He is on the cancellation list and only has an appointment next week.



Here it is with broccoli and the cheese sauce which looks lighter due to the marble cheese that I used.




Yesterday, I was cutting a backing fabric for this piece that I finished the hand embroidery on which I’m calling In a Silver Light, I think. I’ll need to find a binding fabric.



It was a sunny, albeit a bit cold day and we went to the  trail after lunch. I feel great when I’m walking and usually do less than 30 minutes, but I’ll still have a lot of pain afterwards and at night which is why I only go every few days.  It’s a catch 22. Do I suffer with pain, or do I suffer mentally if I can’t get out?





In my studio, I’m still putting the drunkard’s path together. I’ve got 2 rows done though, and I’m on the 3rd row.



Yesterday, my husband set up the projector that he borrowed from his company over the holidays for me to enlarge some of my future fiber art designs.



We project it onto the wall with paper taped upon it in the size I’d like and then I can trace it.



You +an check my YouTube channel -link found top right of this blog post - for a bit of the trail walk and my backyard.

Happy New Years to you all. Celebrate safely. Keep positive thoughts for the new year.

No comments: