Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A week of creativity

Well another week has gone by like that. I still find myself waking up in the morning and having that split second before reality sets in. Do you feel like we’re living in a bit of a nightmare? In my lows and because of my asthma and lung function, I despair a bit, I have to push aside thoughts that something is coming for me. Most of the time I do my best to stay positive and to keep the creativity flowing which puts me in the moment and relaxes me.

I’m keeping to somewhat of a routine, breakfast, chores, creative endeavours, lunch , more creativity, a walk with hubby and perhaps some cooking or baking. We are so far eating well.



I’ve started going through my sketchbooks and using foam print test pages as a basis for collage. It is something I don’t have a lot of experience with but it is fun and absorbing. I do have quite a bit of paper scraps and ephemera that I can use.



I’ve seen posts recently with simple line drawings that I really liked so I tried it. I think this would be fun to explore a little more. It helps to relax and not be so concerned about exactitude.

I leafed through my sketchbook and found a small watercolour of a dried columbine seed head and another stamped page. I cut out the seed head and added some scraps, an old stamp, a tea stained letter, a candy wrapper, and a bit of pen work.





Then I couldn’t resist adding another quick line drawing. Maybe it would be a fun session to sit and do several of these for other pages. A little relaxing background music helps. Take the time to relax and breathe and do not be concerned with perfection. They’re not works of art but they are so fun!



I can do a short session of free motion stitching before the shoulders get sore. I backed a couple small pieces with stabilizer. This one will be the behind the vinyl window in the little zippered pouch.



And I’m not sure about this one yet. I want to experiment a bit with it.




I’d like to hear how your faring and what your doing. Pictures welcome. 💜

No comments: