Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Mini printing wild peas with a foam stamp

Having had a bit of a late night last night, I was slow to get going today. Sometimes I’m very groggy and the best thing for it is to just get moving. Do some laundry, clean up kitchen, make bed, etc. We debated heading out to the beach for a swim; with dark clouds looming and thunderstorms predicted we opted to stay home. It’s very sultry out and still not raining though.

I pulled out the sketch books and some craft foam to play with the wild peas motifs.




For the first print I usedNeocokor II crayons - coloured on, spritzed and blended before printing. It makes a watercolour effect.



The next ones were all done from 1 acrylic paint application, spritzed and rollered a bit.



Each one gets successively paler.






I really like all the textures and lines. I’m looking forward to trying it out on fabrics.

No comments: