Sunday, June 10, 2018

Gelli print bag, kayaking and hiking

It’s pretty much a perfect weekend for me when I can say I did all the 3 things in my title in a weekend. Yesterday, was sunny and warm and after a visit with the in laws, I was able to take my kayak out for a first of the year short paddle.



I’m very careful about how much I do at first as I don’t want any strains. While it was lovely and calm, the tide was running out, and paddling against it took effort.

We had colder temps overnight and frost this morning. A 10C overcast day was perfect for my first hike of the year on the mi’gmaq trail. We did about 1hr 20min but this includes walking around roots and up and down some steep hills. It’s a good workout. There were lots of mosquitos which a small spray of fly dope repelled. We saw no bears only moose droppings, not fresh.



Near the water a good breeze kept the flies away.



There is so much flora to see as well, so much more than I’m familiar with on the trails closer to home.



Now that raised my iron levels I’m feeling so much more like myself. After a short snack and rest, I headed to my studio  where I ironed and put away a few newly washed pieces of fabric. I pulled out one of my Gelli prints to play with — my first real creative work in a while.

I’d like to start using some of my stash of prints (so I can make more!). I also sometimes like to use my prints in useful ways so I cut and sewed a piece for the front of a bag that will be similar to the twister tote I made a couple months ago only a little smaller and with no twisters. The print on bottom will be sewn on after I finish the free motion on top.



I really had to do a little free motion before I quit. After pulling a few different variegated threads, I defaulted as I often do to black. It’s so effective.



I got it started and stopped to go make homemade pizza crust for pizza. Hubby chopped veggies.



It was just enough to make me happy!
I hope your having a lovely weekend too.

2 comments:

https://www.instagram.com/bj18wise/ said...

Glad to hear (and see) you are up and about. Love your prints.
Barbara Wise

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sounds like you had a pretty perfect weekend! Ours involved attendance at a 4th birthday bash for our grandson....hectic, but fun.