Thursday, May 17, 2018

Happiness in my studio

It’s not surprising  how much overwhelming fatigue can dull your thoughts and drag you down. It’s so gradual though that at first you don’t see it. When it gets bad you know it but it’s often hard to explain and find your way out. Luckily for me, this time it was the iron levels. I’m amazed at how much better I feel and how physical well being can have such a drastic effect on mental well being and creativity. I am brimming with it again.
I’m so content to be back in my room creating.

The addition of a large monitor (my old 27” tv) on my countertop means I can now watch quilting shows and all manner of things on you tube while I stitch.
It may give me a few too many ideas!



This morning I made it back to yoga for the first time in a few months. Taking it slow. At lunch I did another small mandala at the kitchen table.



I’ll be picking up Flora and fauna soon to sketch. I’ve always wanted to try mandalas though and since the green is just starting here, the timing is good. You’ll find lots of simple directions on you tube. It is very relaxing and meditative.

Then I took my tea to my sewing room, something I’ll be doing a lot more of since the Reno. I’m continuing to work on the Cascade baby Quilt. It’s such a fun (and easy!) pattern by Victoria Finley Wolfe.



The pieces are all from my stash. 




There will be 4 columns so I’m getting there.

When it’s not too hot, this time of year, I like to have the window cracked so I can hear the birds.



I pushed myself to head outside at 3:00 to do a little yard work while the sun is shining. As I write this I’m settled on my swing on the deck in the sun with an Afghan tucked around my legs. It is breezy and quite cool but I’m comfy. Waiting for G to come home and barbecue chicken burgers. Life is good.

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your Cascade quilt looks so intricate and hard to imagine it's easy to do. I'm not a 'sane' quilter so pretty much every quilt pattern looks hard!

PaintedThread said...

I love the gentle curves of Cascade. Those mandalas are pretty. I'm glad you're feeling better!

Mereknits said...

Your studio looks great Holly, so glad you are feeling better.

Mystic Quilter said...

Sounds like you're having a good day!!