Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Gelli print pouch

My intention this week was to do more painting and monoprinting but there were things in the house that needed to be done which I did yesterday while it rained. On the nice days, like today, I've been cleaning up the garden and picking the last veggies before the ground freezes.

I've still got a pot of Swiss chard on the deck. Plan to make a sausage, tomato soup with it tomorrow.

I've been slowly finishing little bits of sewing-- a binding-- and I started this little zippered pouch.

I used a Gelli print accented quickly with free motion stitching in black. All that's left to do is to sew the fabric that you see behind. It wraps around to the front and is top stitched down.

I've used the pattern many times. It's very easy, is useful and makes a nice gift. It would be great for jewellery or other little things for the non sewer. I love to use some of my work this way.

It's a bit sad to say good bye to the garden while at the same time satisfying to pick the last bits, weed and add compost for next year. We have two full compost bins which I've been slowly emptying this week. I'm writing this on the deck but as it's nearing 4:00pm and the sun is sinking, the air is cooling. Deck time is coming to an end.

One good thing about our four seasons is that there's always something new to look forward to. Trail walks and eventually snow shoeing. I'm hoping to be able to do a little this year. We'll see. The hip is great. Other joints are giving me some problems. I'm hoping for the best.

 

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Strange that you're collecting the last of your veg before the cold weather and we're just about to get seedlings into the ground!

Laurel's Stitches said...

Too funny, Holly... I'm tending to the garden (carrots and beets, for me) too! Sadly, I pulled down the last of my tomato and morning glory yesterday.

Your zippered pouch is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your creative process, from start to finish!

Enjoy your walks!

Mereknits said...

Love your little pouch Holly. Have a wonderful day,
Meredith