Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sewing Studio Improvements

This is why I have not done any more sewing this week. A friend recently went to IKEA and picked up 3 Alex cabinets for 3 of her friends. Thanks Sue!
My husband put it together and I've been sorting and rearranging ever since.


Just look at all those narrow drawers--perfect for thread bins.


The bottom two drawers are a little wider and once I pick up a few more containers from the Dollar Store, I hope to move my assorted fiber bits into there.

The cabinet fits perfectly under the fold out section of my sewing cabinet. Finally, all my threads will be together and accessible.




8 comments:

Mary said...

I've been thinking about those cabinets for a long time. Are the shallow drawers deep enough to hold thread cones laid on their sides?

Vicki W said...

Oh that's nice!

Vicki W said...

Oh that's nice!

Jeito Mineiro Bordados said...

Very good! Perfect organization!
Hugs!
Egléa

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

I love those IKEA Alex units! It looks like you've put those drawers to good use. Alas, no room in my studio for one of those.

Watercolour and Textile Artist, Eileen Gidman said...

Thanks for showing that as I might be interested in a similar cabinet when I get a new studio.

Mereknits said...

It is a perfect storage unit Holly.
Hugs,
Meredith

What Comes Next? said...

Perfect thread storage! I see a trip to IKEA in my future. What are the thread trays you are using? They look perfect, too!