Sunday, March 7, 2021

Spring is in the air, finished moonlit birches

What a beautiful weekend we’ve had here. The air is still chilly, but the sun is shining and the snow on the roads is melting. I took my wool blanket and  a chair out to the deck to do some knitting and reading. Shortly afterwards, I went for a short walk.






 
The yard is full of tunnel like pathways.



We decided to do some chicken breast and a small steak on the barbecue while the veggies roast in the oven.



It’s in the oven now and it smells so good!

This quilt has been around for years sitting in a bag. It’s a combination of hand piecing (the Mariner’s Compass), machine piecing, reverse appliqué and  paper piecing. I did some straight machine stitching to stabilize the whole thing as I knew I’d be dragging it around. I just didn’t know for how long! 

Most of it is hand quilted, in some areas like the centre compass there is traditional quilting with regular weight cotton and in other areas I’ve used pearl cotton, some 8 and some 12.

To see more go to my YouTube channel using the button top right. I’m still using my plain phone so the video is a bit bumpy in places. I’m working on getting the right tools to improve it.



This is now ready for the binding.





You know, I keep myself so busy that sometimes I really need to take a breather and have a little creative fun. These bookmarks are made from pieces of my gelli prints that I’d consider under par. Snipped up though, and stitched, they’re ok and with the addition of some laces, mixed fibers and sparkle, they’ll make nice little gifts.



Lastly, I pulled out my seed today and I’m really anxious to get a few things started this week. I think I’m actually going to order a small grow light too to get things growing.




No comments: