Saturday, February 6, 2021

Fabric painting, beef barley soup, knitting, books

Don’t forget to check out my YouTube channel on the right for a more in depth look at my painting and knitting.

This afternoon, having made a beef barley soup in the morning for supper,  I spent some quiet time in the studio working on the fabric painting of  an old shed. It was sunny and mild with gusty winds outside and I opted to stay in today.



I’ve put up a new video over on YouTube where I talk about the painting, and a few other things.

I show this drunkard’s path baby quilt that I got back from the machine quilter this week. The first thing I did today was to get the binding cut so I can get it sewn on and ready for the hand stitching. A new baby will be arriving in the family soon.



I think that the dragonflies suit it well.



I finished The Salt Path this week, a book based on a true story, that I enjoyed. A couple faced with the loss of their home and serious health problems at the same time set out to walk a 600 and some km trail in the UK. It is a story of survival, love and hope surrounded by the outdoors which I love. I went on line after I finished the book to look up more information and found out that there is a second book and soon to be a third.



I’ve just started this book and I think I’m going to like it as well.





These are some fabrics that I’m gathering to start another baby quilt once I finished up the flying geese quilt.  There are always babies coming!


Thus us the Buikding Blicks pattern by Sterling Quilt Co.




Are you having a creative weekend and getting some fresh air? Look after yourselves, and others. 💜


No comments: