Sunday, November 29, 2020

Christmas sewing and knitting

We were supposed to be on PEI for Ollie’s 4th birthday today but interprovincial travel has been shut down. The same thing happened for the birth of Gussie in March. So we’re a little sad to be missing it although we know we’ll get there again soon.

My daughter made such a cute cake with Ollie’s favourites- mine too.




I spent the day finishing up a few things to go in the Christmas box since I now have to mail it.

Merino wool socks (more that are already in the box), a mask for Ollie and one for mom, and a Christmas pillow case.




I only need to add the carrot nose to the snowmen. I’m not as happy with the snow man sock. With 3 colors of yarn to carry, I didn’t do as good a job, pulling it a bit too tight. As my friend said, it’ll only be used once a year. I may even try another one at sometime.




It was quite mild today, a lovely day for a walk on the trail where I gathered a few branches for an arrangement. These were cut from sone of the trees already down in an area recently logged. 

I think since we’ll be here by ourselves this year, that this will replace  the Christmas tree. A few little ornaments and tiny battery operated lights will make it festive. 
Perhaps I’ll pick up a poinsettia for the table and put up a few of my ceramic village.



Our house is very small so that will do it.

We still have the bathroom Reno going on too, so I can’t put much out yet. Everything is covered in dust and we’ll need to clean.



The shower is in and now needs trimming and caulking. The walls need paint and there is a counter top plus a floor to do. The floor is a click floor and should go quite quickly. I’m so anxious now to have it done so I can get into Christmas preparations.





I love the textures in this ground cover that I noticed along the trail. Those little circles were actually quite pink.




The fresh air and fir smell on the trail really made me feel great. Although I’m usually always wanting to get out, I realize that I must make it priority as the winter goes along. I get such a feeling of peace in the woods. It feeds my my spirit.

I hope this finds you all well and that you can find that which feeds your soul too.

No comments: