Monday, August 26, 2019

Prince Edward Island

Last week, we visited family on the Island. My daughter was moving into a new  house and we took Ollie with us for a couple of days and an overnight at the family cottage. We kept him busy at the park, at the beach and around the cottage.





We were lucky to have excellent beach and swimming weather. I’m always happy if I can get in the water.






We wore him out. Us too! He did very well overnight with us for the first time and not even in his own bed. During the days we made a point of showing and having him play in the cottage bedroom where he would sleep and mom also prepared him well, sending his night light, his noise machine and his favourite books. He put his things into the room when he arrived so I think that helped too.



We went into Charlottetown for our last night so we could be around to keep Ollie busy once most of the furniture was in the house. I’m ever the teacher.



On Friday, I had a chance to go for lunch with my sister and my mom who has Alzheimer’s before we left for home.
It was a busy and somewhat exhausting week that sped by in a flash. You now how it goes.

Monday morning I was lazy and slow to rise. G has gone back to work and it felt a bit lonesome at first. Putting one foot in front of the other is how I get going. Tea and breakfast. Some wash. I cooked macaroni noodles at breakfast time for a macaroni and cheese casserole and I made the cheesy sauce for it after my lunch.




An easy supper.

With my tea at lunch, I sketched a few plovers for a little appliqué project.




Then I headed to the studio where I gathered some fabrics and some fusible and started cutting. Here you see them loosely arranged on a tea towel.








It’s a simple project for a little gift. Another day, I’ll add some water and sand, iron it all down and free motion stitch it to add detail and ensure durability.

My last thing is another afghan that I’ve started. My fingers must keep busy! I did this pattern, the basket weave in a smaller baby version and really liked it so I’m doing one for me.



What are you up to this week?

No comments: