Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Holding onto spring, some Gelli print collage

I’m writing a second post in a week which isn’t easy when weather and health are conspiring against the mood. I  decided this morning in the face of another snow storm, (schools are cancelled here today) that I would need to stay positive and not do anymore whining about winter. You wouldn’t blame me though, would you? I picked up a few groceries early and felt I deserved these.



To top it off, the cold that I’d thought I’d beat with natural methods turned into the second chest infection of the year and I had to visit the clinic where I picked up another antibiotic. How I dislike taking them but with asthma and a compromised lung function, it was necessary. 

At least I’m feeling better today, and so, I headed to my studio this afternoon. Some days one needs a little easy creativity to relax. I pulled out some Gelli prints and started slicing. The cardboard first initial of my name was a birthday gift from a friend.













Going through the print box got me thinking about a few others.



I’m playing. Cutting and thinking about what if’s. Maybe it’ll go back into the box. It was a good diversion on such a day.



Maybe it should have a bird’s nest instead of flowers.
I’m hoping this midweek finds you healthy and content. If not, perhaps some soft music, some flowers and a wee bit of creativity would help.

3 comments:

Robbie said...

Sorry you've been under the weather...love the H! And your feather/flower looks great...think it's better as a flower and not a bird nest! HA

Magpie's Mumblings said...

awww - I'm so sorry you're feeling rotten again....hopefully the meds work quickly. I'm sorely tempted to buy myself some tulips too. Sometimes we just need flowers!!

LynneP said...

I'm sorry to hear you are ill....hoping you heal quickly!
I LOVE what you have done with your H.