Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Star baby quilt and painting

Due to a recent change in the dose of a medication, I’m still running around in a fog. I’ve been trying to get things done but I keep having to rip out and redo. I’ve been working some on the pockets of the Classmate organizer. I redid the vinyl picket 3 times, lol.

I’ve got it laid out in its orientation here so I have some idea of where I’m going.



In between that I put a first coat of paint on an old dark cedar chest that came from my grandmother.



Then my back gave out. Also, I’ve had appointments too, but this afternoon I decided to stay home and get some creative things done. First, I’m still working on the lessons from Rebecca Sower’s course Draw and See. Of course I misbehaved and used one of my photographs from Nfld for the exercise on looking for darks.
It still needs some paint and color adjustment and then pastel work. It’s in my sketchbook so I won’t carry it too far. Maybe it’ll be a preliminary sketch for a fiber art piece.



On top of all that going on, my niece had her baby ( a girl) on the weekend and I need to get a Quilt finished and in the mail. I got it back from the machine quilter and this afternoon I cut and sewed the binding.










Tomorrow, I have to go about an hour away for 1st appointment at a pain clinic. I think it will be just the assessment. My husband is driving me as I’m not safe to be driving at the moment. I sure hope this clears soon.

5 comments:

Robbie said...

You still get more done with feeling ill then most do on their good days! Baby quilt is adorable! Feel better!!!

Margaret said...

You've done well through the fog! Very pretty baby quilt, that one! Looking forward to how the cedar chest turns out.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

So sorry that your back is giving you trouble. I know all too well how that feels. I hope you're soon feeling better and can back to doing the things you enjoy.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely baby quilt!
I am so happy you enjoyed your trip to Newfoundland. I just returned from visiting my mother and family in Corner Brook where I grew up. New Brunswick has its beautiful spots as well.
Hope you feel better soon.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh how I sympathise with you on the change of dose with your medication!! Hope it settles down soon. I like what you're doing with you chest, I have two pieces of furniture which I desperately should like to paint in nice pastel shades, hopefully in a few weeks. Nice quilt Holly, I'm sure your niece will love the quilt, nice and snuggly for baby. I am presently back at the Chronic Pain Clinic, I will email you.