Thursday, July 20, 2017

Making dragonfly bodies

It seems odd that despite my arthritic fingers and usual clumsiness, I really get into wrapping tiny wires and sewing wings onto dragonflies.
Its absorbing and oddly meditative. There is so much going on right now, my husbands dad is ill and in hospital a coupke hours away, thankfully recouperating and expected home Saturday. My daughter and grandson are arriving Friday. My youngest don is coming Saturday for a night. I spent this morning washing and getting things ready. Hubby assembled a crib from Ikea and ive got the mattress cover on the line today. Putting a crib in downstairs meant clearing out some things. Oh, the dust! Now, that I've taken a break and calmed myself some, I'm heading down to finish up. I wrapped a couple different colors, applied gel medium and clips. A little hollow shimmer thread will come next.
I have ideas for stitching more transluscent wings. I haven't yet had time to plug in and familiarize myself with the new machine.  Im looking forward to the visit though. There will be lots of time later for stitching.

1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

Sounds like you're in for a busy time! I'm amazed at you making those tiny detailed dragonflies, you must have lots of patience!