Thursday, December 15, 2016

'Gifty' sewing, baking

A couple of days ago I mixed up a batch of cookie dough for these pistachio thumbprints.
The dough was quite stiff and I knew it would be really hard with my arthritis to get it rolled into balls. Instead, I pressed the dough into a 9" pan, spread some of my homemade blueberry jam on top, sprinkled it with chopped pistachios and baked it.
Maybe they don't look quite as pretty but they are delicious! After lunch, I moved into my sewing studio. I was looking for a little something to go in a gift. At first, since I had black thread ready on the machine, I thought I'd stitch on a piece that had been fused and laying about for a while.
I free motion stitched and cut to size for a little baguette. The printed fabric outside is for the back of the bag.
Then I decided it would take too long to put it together, so I switched to another little project that was laying around waiting to be put together.
Mine is on the right; pattern is left. Done.  When I'm making gifts, I always leave my options open. I don't like last minute stress. If I finish, great, if not, I find something else. I try to enjoy the season and the nice snowy winter days. 

4 comments:

Mary Ann Tate said...

Those squares look very yummy:) Thank you for the gift idea. I might make one for me too.

PaintedThread said...

Ooh. Yummy things and pretty things. What a terrific combination! :-)

Anonymous said...

The treats look wonderfully, yummy. The black thread truly brought that piece to life and the little bag is adorable.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your baking looks delicious, I'm sure they tasted as good as they look! Love the Sweetpea Pods, I have sweet peas growing in my garden at the moment.